In Canada and the United States, there have been alarming increases of hypertension, diabetes and obesity. Between 1994 and 2005, the rates of arterial hypertension among Canadians increased by 77%, diabetes by 45% and obesity by 18%, affecting people of every age. Even more concerning is that hypertension rates among Canadians aged 35 to 49 rose 127% during the same period, and almost doubled among young people over the last 15 years (CBC News). The long-term effects of these issues will be dire; for the first time in decades, life expectancy has decreased in the United States, according to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published in December 2010.
Challenges for Employers
For employers, these factors should be worrisome, since research shows that employee health directly impacts work behavior, attendance, on-the-job performance and, of course, health care costs. According to the 2010 Health Care Cost Survey by Towers Watson, employers are now paying 28% more for healthcare than they did just five years ago, and employees are paying 40% more.
Challenges for Employees
Increased stress and depression, mental disorders, heart problems, and low energy level are problems every employee has to suffer due to overload of work at workplace. 75% of health care costs result from unhealthy lifestyles. In health matters, factors such as smoking, physical inactivity and poor eating habits are responsible for the vast majority of health risks and their associated costs.
Does your company wish to:
- Save money
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve productivity and creativity
- Reduce stress among employees and create work/life balance
- Help employees feel more engaged in the workplace
- Help employees feel more balanced, calm, relaxed, peaceful
- Help employees decrease anxiety and depression and improve mood
- Help employees get along better with their coworkers
- Help employees have more energy and vitality, restore energy balance
- Help employees reduce pain or tension in their neck/shoulders/back, ease headaches/migraines
- Help employees heal faster from injuries, colds/flu by accelerating healing
Need of Health and Wellness program
An international report by the World Health Organization reveals that depression is the most disabling illness for the corporate sector, second only to cardio-vascular diseases. Long hours, multi-tasking, stiff competition, rigorous commute, irregular eating habits, sedentary desk jobs and bad sitting postures, all combine to create a pool of highly stressed, inefficient and thus despairing workforce. The National Institute of Mental Health estimates that U.S. employers lose $70 billion a year due to absenteeism, lost productivity and disability caused by mental distress.
Many companies are adopting wellness and holistic programs in conjunction with yoga that includes the healing of mind, body and soul. Employers are now riddled with the need to offer creative and comprehensive wellness facilities in order to bring about a real difference in employee health and more importantly, motivation.
A growing number of businesses are finding that offering Yoga and wellness programs to their employees is a low-cost, preventive and holistic healthcare measure, making the discipline a resonating success with human resource teams looking for strategic returns on their wellness investments.
Regular practitioners of wellness would stress that it has many benefits including emotional wellness, improved strength, flexibility, balance and postural alignment amongst others. In the boardrooms of companies, wellness programs dimensions such as stress reduction, energy-enhancement, enhanced creativity and focus and healing for employees and convenience and increased productivity for the employer
The 60 minute class includes yoga postures and breathing exercises, Meditation (Yoga Nidra) that calms mind and body.
Why to choose us?
- Experienced and qualified Staff
- Special music is used in sessions that effects mind and body to get relaxed immediately and switch negative thoughts into positive
- Special gestures used along with yoga postures that calms mind instantly
- Color are used in breathing exercises that heals mind, body and soul
- Brain exercises that relaxes the mind and body
- Overall different and easy techniques are used alongwith yoga postures.
Wellness and fitness Workshops
Two hour workshop will cover yoga postures, Deep breathing, and meditation techniques for stress, depression, fatigue and anxiety.
Benefits of the Workshop
You will learn to heal yourself
Build positive attitude towards life
Helpful in achieving goals
Cost of Workshop
$ 199 that includes handouts, and award of completion the workshop